As you are aware, we are currently facing up to the difficulties of the Coronvairus epidemic. As a responsible business, we are thinking of possible impacts on funerals already organised and those yet to be planned in the coming weeks and months.
If you are feeling unwell and feel you may pose a risk by attending a funeral, we would adise you to follow the NHS guidelines.
We would like to provide reassurance that our commitment to caring for breaved people and their loved ones will remain steadfast through this period of uncertainty and disruption.
In our efforts to protect families and everyone involved in arranging funerals, we are considering a range of infection control options in line with the latest advice given by Public Health England. We are also working with partners, such as local crematoria and burial grounds to ensure we comply with their Coronavirus procedures.
Limousines are available for up to 6 members of the same family bubble.
As such, if we find ourselves in a position of increased risk to health and at risk of furthering the spread of Coronavirus, it is possible that we may need to take the following actions:
• Funeral arrangements being made entirely over the phone, with a visit to a controlled area within our office for form signing with limited face-to-face contact. We would not be able to conduct arrangements at a client's home or other venues.
• Services at places of workship could be cancelled. In such circumstances, we would be happy to arrange a memorial or thanksgiving service at a church or another venue at a later date, when the risk has passed.
• Services at any venue could be cancelled or restrcited to immediate family only. This could result in funeral services at the crematoria being 'livestreamed' via the internet. We would provide advice aimed at ensuring everyone who needs to view the service is able to do so.
• Service times at the crematoria could be adjusted and/or reduced to allow for increased demand for services. There will be no 'Double Time Slots' available and there will be no Services available in the Chapel when they are followed by a burial.
• Staff sharing; in the event of widespread staff illness, we have a contingency plan in place with the other local family-run and well-respected funeeral directors to share personnel if required. Rest assured that you will still see the same high standards of care and professionalism for all of our partner organisations.
• We would protect our clients and staff by restrcting visits to our Chapel of Rest.
• We may not be offering our hygienic treatment (Embalming) during this period.
• Outside organisations will impose the rules and restrictions - we will adapt our working practices to follow these.
• We may not be able to offer a full Floral Tribute Service as there may be a shortage of flowers coming into the country due to border controls.
• In the case of Coronavirus related deaths, we may have to arrange a prompt funeral to prevent unnecessary storage and handling of the deceased.
We appreciate your help and understanding at this difficult time, but please be assured that we will continue to offer our usual high standard of care both to yourselves and your loved ones.